Saturday 3 September 2011

Getting Dressed for School
By: Kenn Nesbitt

----------------------------------------------------------------

I must have been too sleepy
getting dressed for school today.
I tried to tuck my shirt in,
but I couldn’t make it stay.

I also couldn’t tie my shoes.
I fumbled with the laces.
I snagged my scarf, and now some yarn
is dangling from my braces.

My socks are different colors,
and my pants are inside out.
My sweater from the hamper left me
smelling like a trout.

I thought I put a hat on
to control my crazy hair.
The hat turned out to be a pair
of purple underwear.

I spilled my breakfast on my clothes
and headed into school.
My friends, of course, were all impressed.
I’d never looked so cool.

Add another stanza before the last stanza, that would fit this poem.

17 comments:

  1. Math was pretty hard
    I learned Square Roots
    When I headed for recess
    I forgot my boots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Math was hard we learned square roots
    Gym was fun but very i was very tired
    Library was intresting and language too.
    But at th home is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I`ve looked cool before
    School is boring
    Forgot my gym items
    and then scool ended



    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krista

    the schol bus came
    then drove away
    i was left alone in rain
    then i had a tummy pain :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I headed to my locker
    And forgot my combination
    Couldn't understand the numbers
    I had no concentration

    ReplyDelete
  6. So a girl who had alot of hair
    said you have purple underwear?
    Yes I do because it helps me concentrate
    With my math.
    by nick

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a really fat cat
    who looked like a mat
    who liked to eat rats
    so we named him pat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My teacher looked at me in shock
    Said "Mark, what happened here"
    I looked at her and simply said
    " Can you repeat that? I have cotten in my ear"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I missed my school bus
    That was a discuss
    Math was a hard
    and i couldn't get pass are guard

    ReplyDelete
  10. marissa
    i frogot my gym cloths
    i had to sit out
    and i had a big pout

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was walking up the stairs, after morning bell. Kids started rushing past, and so I tripped and fell.

    ReplyDelete
  12. at lunch I tripped and hit my nose,
    I herd the laughter,
    I sat at my desk like nothing happened,
    this story won't end in happy ever after.

    ReplyDelete
  13. you dont know who this is :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cherrio's were on my shirt
    Milk was in my hair
    it was slightly embarrasing,
    But atleast I wasnt bare.
    By: Abbey (sofia helped) :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i tumbled down the stairwell and out to recess, only to find Justin Bieber standing there and holding my friend Ashby's hand. As the misrible day passed and the annoying clock ticked... i fell asleep

    ReplyDelete